- Our next biennial consultation will be hosted at the historic St. Paul Hotel in St. Paul, Minnesota, January 19 – 21, 2017. The hotel provides a setting that is warm, elegant and intimate, well suited for much interaction and conversation. It also allows attenders to step right into the celebration of winter that the city of St. Paul is famous for. Watch for more regarding the theme of the consultation, speakers, breakout sessions and local field trips.
- Important publishing event for ATFE! Barbara J. Blodgett and Matthew Floding have edited a book just released this summer: Brimming with God: Reflecting Theologically on Cases in Ministry (Pickwick Publications); ISBN 13: 978-1-62564-996-6. The book opens with a chapter on theological reflection within field education and is followed by eleven case studies. It usually has two theological field educators reflecting on each story to demonstrate how different approaches to theological reflection can yield varied theological and ministry implications. You can contact Toni Erebor at email@example.com to order or to find out more. Or you can click on this link: Brimming with God: Reflecting Theologically on Cases in Ministry. The book has strong possibilities for use in classes.
- The Proceedings from the Gathering in Santa Fe, January 2015–including the presentations by keynote speaker, Kathleen Cahalan–are now posted under About Us.
- A new position opening at Louisville Presbyterian Seminary is listed under our Membership tab. Have a look!
- Volume 35 of Reflective Practice is now available online. The theme is: “The NARRATIVE PERSPECTIVE as used in FORMATION AND SUPERVISION.” Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry seeks to provide a framework for reflection on supervision and formation for a range of ministries, in a variety of contexts, and from different faith traditions. This is an OPEN ACCESS journal free to anyone with Internet access thanks to support by ATFE. Go to http://journals.sfu.ca/rpfs/index.php/rpfs and simply click on archives in order to access this volume – or any previous volumes – of Reflective Practice. No registration is necessary.
62,506 total views, 12 views today